The Group: The Products group is the home of manufacturing and innovation at Morningstar. The individuals in this group transform our high-quality data, independent research, and technological expertise into well-designed products that delight our clients. The group’s product management, product development, and service teams collaborate with our Client Solutions group to help provide clients with relevant products and bundled solutions.
The Role: Client Support Representatives (CSRs) provide “smart, fast, and nice” end-user support on-demand via phone, email, chat or other “remote” tools. CSRs are considered the first line of support for our products, and engage with end-users across various customer segments, including individuals, advisors, and institutions. They are support generalists with a practical level of knowledge across a range of products and customer types and expertise spanning usage, investment, and basic technical issues.
This position will be based in our Oakland, Maryland office.
- Responding to client (end-user) questions/inquiries via telephone, email, and (in the future) chat in a complete, accurate, and timely manner in accordance with service level standards (SLAs)
- Troubleshooting client issues and resolving or escalating appropriately
- Managing occasionally unhappy client interactions and de-escalating emotionally charged situations when necessary.
- Balancing service-delivery efficiency with quality of care
- Continuous process improvement, looking for smarter and better ways to serve clients
- Ongoing education and skill-building (self-administered as well as centrally administered) with respect to service process, investing, product, and customer context
- Ad hoc projects designed to leverage product/client knowledge while gaining exposure to other areas outside of customer service
- Providing feedback to sales and product teams regarding potential business opportunities and product innovations, based on insights gained through service interactions with clients and analysis of support data/logs
- Participating in the onboarding/training of new CSRs and other new hires who can benefit from product and client understanding
- Excellent written and oral communication, with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills with high attention to detail, and excellent time management.
- Proficiency with Windows-based applications.
- Fast learner, flexible and proven ability to work in a demanding environment with strong multi-tasking skills.
- Sound client service skills with a proactive approach, and take ownership of issues as they arise.
- An interest in the investment industry.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.